Current Project Phases
Basic & Feed design, Tendering, Installation / Operation
As part of the development of the Geographic Information System (GIS) activity within SAIPEM, you will be attached to the Head of the GIS Department within the Offshore E&C Business Unit.
You are a beginner or have more than one year of experience in the field of GIS and data management.
Would you like to learn the terms and specificities of the oil industry? Will you be able to respect internal standards and procedures and work in a rigorous, dynamic and operational environment? The respect of deadlines and data confidentiality is very important for you?
... then this position is for you.
Depending on the skills, the candidate will work alone or in a team, on one or more "Projects" of increasing type and difficulty (Calls for Tenders, Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) or EPCI (Engineering Procurement Construction and Installation)).
These three activities require reading and writing contract deliverables in addition to handling GIS data.
- Learn GIS project management, plan, write roadmaps or technical specifications, and deliver GIS services internally and to SAIPEM customers.
- Ensure the status of deliverables and the status of data stored in geodatabases.
- Report to the Head of the GIS Department or his or her deputy but also to the heads of the "Project".
In direct contact with:
- the CAD-GIS draftsman(s), you will be in charge of integrating CAD geometric data into the GIS, using FME, or vice versa.
- the other engineers of the other trades, you will be responsible for integrating their data into the GIS databases, respecting the internal procedures put in place. You will have to export all or part of this same data in order to circulate information and decompartmentalize departments.
- The GIS engineers of the Department for the follow-up of your tasks but also the publication towards the web or the development of tools.
You will be required to use python tools and comply with the procedures in place.
You like working in the context of data management and data quality control, then you will have to:
- recover geometric data from stakeholders (CAD, DOC Control, Planning, Lead Installation) in order to complete the geodatabases.
- complete internal/external geodatabases using python tools and according to current standards.
- cross and superimpose spatial, attribute and time data between them in order to make the data "speak".
You will perform analyses on geographical data sometimes by producing cartographic documents or map atlases (.pdf) and you will produce future Maps Services (.mxd) that the Web GIS engineer will be responsible for publishing.
Depending on your level, this would be a plus:
- Use ingenuity to recover data as automatically as possible.
- Develop and use python or FME or TALEND scripts.
- Know how to model geographical databases (data model).
- Provide local technical support.
Project Management skills required:
- Organize your time, your tasks.
- Anticipate and respect deadlines.
- Report back.
Technical skills required:
- Mastery of ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5.1 software and extensions,
- Mastery of geodesy and coordinate systems,
- Knowledge of ESRI geo-databases (.gdb)...),
- Programming basics: Python, SQL, VBA,....
- Knowledge of other software (GIS or CAD):
- Global Mapper,
- AutoCAD 2016,
Functional Skills :
- Understanding of company GIS,
- Analysis, rigour, quality
- Oral and written communication,
- Fluency in English, or even other languages,
A desire to learn:
- Data Management,
- Data standardization,
Ready to work in multicultural environments,
Engineer / Master Geosciences, GIS, Geomatics, Petroleum Data Management, Data Scientist,...
location: Paris area and abroad
Start date : ASAP
Duration : LONG TERM ASSIGNMENT
Seniority level : Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
Type of project : DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc), SHALLOW WATER O&G platform
Countries : France
Location : Paris area