Offshore O&G project : Zohr field
Current Project Phases
Tendering, Details design
will be supporting tender and/or project for the various analyses
· In place Global analyses of riser systems for umbilical and dynamic power cable (Fatigue, interference,extreme, …)
· installation analyses of umbilical and dynamic power cable
your main responsibilities will be to:
· Contribute to elaboration of Design brief and design basis documents for installation/in place analyses
· use of existing tools and elaboration of new excel spreadsheets / Mathcad spreadsheet
· Perform the in-place design analysis with Orcaflex, as per design brief and basis,
· Perform QA/QC of other analyses
· Interface with installation engineer and field engineers to Understand operation procedure & identify critical steps
· Elaborate lay tables to be used offshore, identify laying parameters and sea states limitations
· Elaborate design loads for umbilical ancillaries
· Interface with package tocontribute to scope of work of various items
· Production designdocumentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports,specifications, material take-offs, etc.
· Ensure design in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DnV,ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
· be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
· Provide engineering assistance during mobilizations and occasional periods of offshore or site working,
· Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline. Attend to discipline meeting as required.
Capability profile –Knowledge, skill, experience:
· MSc or Phd in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics, you have at least6/7 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry orequivalent, onto Installation Analyses and/or in place design of riser/flexiblebackground
· You are proficient in FEA modeling and you have strong knowledge ofOrcaflex software.
· Your English is fluent
· Strong knowledge of DNV RPC205, DNV RPH103
· Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which mayinclude engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications,procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports andvarious 3rd-party submissions.
· Experience in working in a multi-disciplined system engineering team
· Ability to prioritize own workload, manage time accordingly and informteam members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program orbudget.
· Personal interest for analyses tools and development (Python, VBA, …)
· Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
· Ability in working in multicultural group
Resident in Biarritz
Start date : ASAP
Duration : Long term job (Permanent contract)
Seniority level : Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
Type of project : DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc), SHALLOW WATER O&G platform
Countries : France
Location : France (Biarritz)