Offshore O&G project.
Current Project Phases
Basic & Feed design, Tendering, Details design
Aventa is looking on belhalf of this client a Lead pipeline engineer :
You will join an international team of about thirty employees, you will be assigned to a project working group. Your assignments will cover several phases: response to calls for tenders, detailed studies, project implementation.
You report functionally to the person in charge of subsea pipeline engineering, and operationally to the engineer in charge of these project activities. You will be asked to participate or lead:
- the review of documents and technical specifications of our clients, the drafting of descriptions of the infrastructures proposed during the tender phase.
- Active participation in engineering and human, environmental and economic risk and engineering reviews.
- The resolution of interfaces with other infrastructures or other disciplines.
- The architecture of the field, the definition of roads according to the ground, bathymetry, obstacles, approaches, installation method, curve stability.
- Measurements of materials and equipment required such as tubes, bends, forgings.
- Technical negotiation and purchasing support with our suppliers worldwide.
- The study and detailed design of pipes (e. g. dimensioning, materials, coatings), certain specific components, installation conditions, vertical stability due to soil imperfections in the various phases of use, filling and burial.
- Detailed design of pipe crossing structures, span supports, pipe protection structures against falling objects (anchors, drill rods, containers, etc.), isometric final parts to accommodate ultimate elongations ("spools & jumpers").
- Fatigue resistance analyses (marine currents, production start-ups and restarts, history of stresses induced in the line during the installation, pre-startup or production phases.)
- Calculations of thermal elongation, anchor length and compressive stress estimation induced by soil resistance and analyses related to buckling of pipes under pressure and temperature constraints.
- possible structures to control buckling and instability phenomena related to several buckling cycles ("pipeline walking").
- Feedback on projects, consolidation and maintenance of technical tools and technological monitoring of changes in the business.
Profile and skills
- You are an engineer (general mechanics, material resistance, hydrodynamics, geotechnics, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, naval and maritime structure and/or architecture). For confirmed positions, you have successful experience in a trade in the oil and gas industry.
- You have the passion of our industry, the motivation to join us, and you want to learn the specificities of the job. This is reflected in your daily enthusiasm and dynamism.
- You are rigorous, you pay attention to detail and you like to provide work of impeccable quality and presentation; this is reflected in your behavior.
- You communicate clearly in your native language and in English, both in writing and orally.
- You want to work in a team, you share with your colleagues. You have developed the human qualities necessary to work in diverse and multicultural teams, you care about others and this is reflected in your behavior.
- You are comfortable in numerical simulations (ex Abaqus), you will develop (you master for confirmed positions) the knowledge of codes and standards applicable to the profession (DNV, API, ASME, PD, CFR)
- You are mobile for occasional missions in France and abroad. The position is based in Saint Quentin en Yvelines, France.
location : Paris area
Start date : ASAP
Duration : 12 months (extendable)
Seniority level : Junior Engineer
Type of project : DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc), SHALLOW WATER O&G platform, Refinery plant, Onshore O&G plant
Countries : France
Location : Paris area