Current Project Phases
Engineering, Installation / Operation , Construction, Production
Purpose of the Role:
The role involves managing all technical and engineering elements of the business, key to controlling all business risk and exposure. The Technical Manager will manage a team and be involved at both conceptual and engineering studies, realisation and day to day running of project development. pre-and post-contract stages of all business tendered or passing through business.
Main Responsibilities and Activities (as listed but not limited to the following):
· Lead the engineering team (surface and subsea).
· Overview of the design of the facilities:
- safe design of the facilities compliant with the company policies and international standards & regulations
- design ensuring operability, maintainability, and reliability of the facilities
- overall coordination and consistency of project activities: coordination of interfaces.
· Overall control of project schedule.
· Overall control of project costs:
- preparation of budget
- follow-up of commitments, expenses and cost forecast.
· Respect of statutory requirements.
· Management of contractors.
Other Activities (as listed but not limited to the following):
· Coordinates with Company and other entities of the project.
· Ensures accurate reporting of activities.
· Maintains good relationships with internal and external parties.
· Support and enforce Trident Energy’s HSEQ objectives and directives.
· Promote HSEQ awareness of workforce and contractors and ensure that HSE is given the highest priority.
· Listen to, evaluate any project team member’s concerns; ensure that potential failures, weaknesses and hazards are immediately addressed and reported.
· Conduct alignment sessions for project management team members with respect to objectives
Key working relations:
In Country Operations Manager and Project teams.
Operations team in London.
Geoscience team in London.
Able to maintain focus in situations of pressure.
Available for regular field visits / field work.
Qualification & Experience:
Master of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, with 15+ years relevant experience
in the oil and gas industry.
Project management role.
Good communication (people) skills. Used to motivate and manage a team.
Spanish is a plus.
Residential in London, UK
Attractive package to be negotiated
Start date : ASAP
End date : 2022-12-31
Duration : long term (Staff position)
Type of position: Permanent Contract
Seniority level : Project Manager, Technical Manager
Type of project : DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc), SHALLOW WATER O&G platform
Countries : United Kingdom
Location : London Area, UK