Offshore wind project in Taiwan : FORMOSA 2
Current Project Phases
Installation / Operation
As WTG installation lead, the potential candidate will be working within the EPC team of the Formosa 2 Offshore Wind project. The candidate will be responsible for all activities associated with the wind turbine transport and installation works. The candidate shall have extensive experience on offshore installation works and construction management, capable of managing multiple interfaces and providing leadership to other members of the team.
· To manage Contractor installation team and ensure TSA contract is followed.
· To lead the planning and execution of all activities associated with WTG Transport and Installation (WTG T&I);
· Monitor closely the WTG onshore assembly process to ensure any delays are highlighted or plans executed safely to ensure onshore components are ready on time for installation.
· To provide (or manage the procurement of) the solution to all technical aspects of the WTG T&I, especially focused on the installation engineering and on the planning of the offshore operations.
· To drive best-in-class quality and safety standards across the installation campaign, including recruitment and management the team of client representatives
· To review and provide recommendations regarding Contractor proposals, including but not limited to transport plan, grillage design, lift plans/ drawings, installation sequences, weather limitations, weather down time estimations, etc., and confirm compliance with the available codes and standards
· Manage MWS and ensure relevant approval such as COAs are in place in due time.
· Actively manage the Site-Specific Assessment to confirm suitability of the installation vessel to the site within agreed period.
· Risk assess the technical feasibility of Contractor proposals to ensure that all risks are identified are evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood.
· Confirm proposals and activities are implemented appropriately to meet the project programme, quality and budgetary requirements.
· Monitor Contractor’s activities at mobilisation port and offshore site as may be necessary
· Work closely with the F2 Commissioning Manager to ensure overall efficiency of the installation sequence.
· To provide support and assistance on the interface management with other project packages. This includes the support on the planning of the load-out operations and shore-side activities.
· Take charge and run regular WTG Installation operational meetings.
· Attend Hazids and safety meetings as necessary for role.
· Project management and administration support, including delivery of the daily progress reports (DPRs) timely response to technical queries, delivery of the installation toolkit
· Provide coaching and senior leadership to more junior members of the Construction and WTG package teams.
We are looking for individuals with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and cultural awareness. You will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
· Educated to degree level in an engineering, maritime or other technical discipline. Alternatively, extensive demonstrated experience from industry with other relevant technical qualifications.
· A minimum of 7 years relevant experience within the offshore wind sector with a proven track record in a leading installation or construction management role for wind turbines. Experience of the Siemens Gamesa direct drive platform (6MW, 7MW, 8MW) is highly beneficial.
· Full GWO Offshore training (including a valid medical certificate, e.g. OGUK), and an excellent of understanding of offshore wind HSE regulations and best practice. Additional HSE qualifications (BOSIET, IOSH, etc.) desired but not essential.
· Solid commercial awareness and experience with T&I contracts and WTG TSA
· Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently
· Well-rounded project management capabilities, accomplished at setting targets, planning resources, quantifying risks and tracking progress.
· Good IT skills, particularly with MS Office suite.
· Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations. A strong command of English (written and verbal) is a prerequisite for the role
· A positive mindset with strong self-motivation and resilience, a flexible and proactive approach to tackling problems and comfortable at simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines
· Must be willing to relocate or spend extended periods of time in Taiwan, particularly during the installation campaign (minimum 6 weeks in-country, 2 weeks remote as a current working assumption). Should COVID-19 restrictions be in place then the candidate will be required to remain in Taiwan for the full installation campaign (see below).
The position will require frequent travel to Taiwan during the pre-construction phase and be based either permanently or for extended periods in-country during the installation campaign in 2021. Commencement of onshore office work is anticipated to be from August 2020 and may be carried out remotely with infrequent trips to Taiwan. Commencement for field work is anticipated to be from March 2021. The role will be based predominantly in Taichung during the installation campaign, with travel to Taipei for project meetings as may be required.
Start date : ASAP
Duration : 1 year - LONG TERM ASSIGNMENT
Seniority level : Lead Engineer
Type of project : OffSHORE WIND Farm
Countries : Taiwan, Province of China
Location : Taiwan