Current Project Phases
Manufacturing / Fabrication & Test, Installation / Operation , Construction, Commissioning
Scope of work :
The Quality Engineer (Quality Control) is responsible for ensuring that the delivered material’s Quality is in line with Project requirements, by defining the required levels of control and surveillance.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within the client and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Participate in the critically assessment rating and inspection levels definition at the request of the Project Quality Manager.
- Conduct the Pre-Production Meetings (PPM) and to facilitate the start of production
- Review / approve the Suppliers Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) and related control procedures defined in the Supplier Document Register (SDR) against contract requirements and quality requirements. Obtain Client input as required.
- Define the scope of inspection prior to assign and coordinating the inspectors.
- Nominate qualified inspectors for the implementation of the surveillance on-site according to the policy of the regional QC Department, and follow-up by maintaining regular contact and performing QC visits during manufacturing process if needed.
- Liaise with SCM to ensure that “Look-ahead Inspection Schedule” and inspections are scheduled.
- Liaise with SCM to ensure that the appropriate documents to perform their duties have been dispatched to the inspectors.
- Review / approve the Inspection Reports, identify any problems and keep the project and departmental staff informed of progress.
- Process NCR’s raised during inspections and keep the project and departmental staff informed of progress.
- Verify all Technical Queries and NCRs are closed prior to organising the Release.
- Validate the Inspection Release Notes (IRN) and associated Punch Lists, if any, and immediately inform the project and departmental staff informed of any outstanding matters.
- Participate in performance evaluation of suppliers / yards as requested.
- Review and approve final documentation.
- Act as our client ambassador with regards to HSE matters and participate to the supplier HSE continuous improvement by relaying Project HSE initiatives and demonstrating HSE Leadership on supplier premises. Ensure our inspectors adhere to all client safety on site.
- Act as a reference on specific commodities according to the QC lead commodity matrix defined by QC Department.
- Aid in ensuring that the client's procedures are in place, known and respected by all relevant staff.
- Assist during the engineering / development phases to ensure that key steps are respected.
- Ensure prompt project Quality review of Inspection & Test Plans in line with VSP requirements (Vendor Surveillance Plans).
- Ensure active QC monitoring of Subcontractors activities, in line with resulting Surveillance level.
- Ensure that the documentation of new equipment is collected, promptly reviewed and completed in line with our client and their client requirements (as presented at KOM stage).
- Ensure that the control of technical documents and project correspondence are in place and keep updated, as indicated on project procedures, taking rectification steps as necessary.
- Maintain an up to date and set of procedures, work instructions, induction presentations as necessary to promote common practices.
- Carry out investigations as required for critical NCR’s and Quality Observations.
- Ensure feedback mechanisms are in place to continuously improve the way we work with their Clients.
- Ensure the adequate close-out of non-conformity, deviation requests, concession requests and technical queries.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
- Suppliers / Subcontractors
- Certification Authorities
- HSEQ Department personnel
- Department and Project personnel
• Wide range of administration skills including being organised and systematic
• Experience of working within a busy operational environment at a similar level
• Strong IT skills, particularly with data entry and working with databases knowledge of the Synergi database would be advantageous
• A degree or similar level administrative qualification
• Knowledge of ISO 9001
• Previous experience of working in a similar industry/ office environment
• Internal auditor qualification would be advantageous
Within the Quality Development Scheme you will find full details of the technical, functional, business and personal capabilities you are required to fulfil for this role. The Scheme can be accessed via the Learning and Development site.
Location : Paris area
Start date : ASAP
Duration : 1 year - LONG TERM ASSIGNMENT
Seniority level : Senior Engineer
Type of project : DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc), SHALLOW WATER O&G platform
Countries : France
Location : Paris Area