You would have to get a support to our engineering entity based in Biarritz on Offshore Wind project (dynamic cable).
Job can be done from our Engineering Office in Biarritz or from our Office in Paris.
Current Project Phases
Aventa is currently looking to hire a Analysis engineer (umbilical experience would be a plus) for his KRAKEN SUBSEA SOLUTIONS engineering entity in Biarritz.
You will be in charge of the global analysis for dynamic/static cables. Typical analyses are (but not limited to):
- In place Global analyses of dynamic cable/umbilical system:
- Lazy wave configuration definition
- Extreme analysis
- Fatigue analysis
- Interference analysis
- On bottom stability and on bottom roughness analyses for static cables
- Installation analyses of umbilical and dynamic power cable
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to elaboration of Design brief and design basis documents for installation/in place analyses.
- Use of existing tools and elaboration of new excel spreadsheets / Mathcad spreadsheet
- Perform the in-place design analysis with Orcaflex, as per design brief and basis,
- Perform QA/QC of other analyses
- Interface with installation engineer and field engineers to Understand operation procedure & identify critical steps
- Elaborate lay tables to be used offshore, identify laying parameters and sea states limitations
- Elaborate design loads for umbilical ancillaries
- Interface with package to contribute to scope of work of various items
- Production design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Ensure design in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV,ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilizations and occasional periods of offshore or site working,
- Ensure that know-how is transferred within the discipline. Attend to discipline meeting as required.
Capability profile –Knowledge, skill, experience:
- MSc or Phd in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics,
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, onto Installation analyses and/or in place design of cable/riser/flexible.
- You are proficient in FEA modeling and you have strong knowledge of Orcaflex or Deeplines software’s.
- Your English is fluent
- Strong knowledge of DNVGL RP C205, DNVGL RP H103
- Knowledge on UFLEX software would be a plus
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined system engineering team
- Ability to prioritize own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Personal interest for analyses tools and development (Python, VBA, …)
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in working in multicultural group
position based in Biarritz (South West of France) or Paris
Start date : ASAP
Duration : Long term
Seniority level : Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
Type of project : OffSHORE WIND Farm , Offshore Power Cable & optical fiber
Countries : France
Location : France - Biarritz / Paris