Design of electrical system of subsea power cable for Offshore Wind Industry
Current Project Phases
Engineering, Tendering, Manufacturing / Fabrication & Test
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To take care of submarine cable systems design and engineering at both tender and contract stage. This includes the definition of technical solutions, in compliance with Customer requirements and with environment/ambient constraints and their optimization from both competiveness and feasibility point of view. Activities involve the production of technical documentation for Customer and specifications for internal or sub-contractor’s use.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
TASKS – Tender stage
Define a competitive technical solution for electrodes application
Prepare Design reports including Electrical, Thermal, Mechanical and Corrosion verifications
Definition and sizing of different electrode configurations
Prepare Environmental impact assessment of the electrode system
TASKS – Execution stage
Update design reports based on as-built conditions
Contribute to identification of Root Cause Analysis in case of Non-Conformities or faults
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
Current Cables technologies for DC systems (lapped/extruded, HV/MV)
DC system topologies and relevant grid integration aspects
Knowledge on corrosion effects specific for the Electrodes system
Advanced calculation skills (Finite Element)
• 3- 5 years’ experience in DC Mass Impregnated submarine cable would be a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in design and engineering of cables and systems (submarine is preferred) and basic knowledge of the cable installation process.
• Understanding and of use of design calculation methods (electrical/thermal/mechanical, analytic and finite elements) and computer solutions and ability to develop and improve these through mathematics and computer programming
• Detailed understanding of relevant national and international standards
• Ability to combine technical knowledge with communications and liaisons skills, both internally and with Customers representatives (both technical and commercial)
• Availability to business travels
• Location: working from "HOME OFFICE" is possible.
Main base is Milan but smart working from Home in Europe is possible.
Start date : ASAP
Duration : long term
Seniority level : Lead Engineer
Type of project : OffSHORE WIND Farm
Countries : Italie
Location : Milan (Italie) but remote job is possible as well